• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help with pre trial in South Carolina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpinsc909

What is the name of your state? South Carolina
I am trying to pro se my defense in a public drunk charge and I am set for pre trial hearing. I am not familiar with the proceedure, but I have a geat case, but limited funds. I should win this if it would go to trail do the states weak case and would only opt for a deferral or dismissal of the charges. But I am not sure how to represent myself in front of the prosecutor??
Facts: Arrested November for knocking on doors in an apartment complex due to the reason it was my first time there and they all looked the same and was unsure of the address. I smelled of alcohol due to 1 finished beer out of a 6 pack. No tests given. No mention of drunkeness or behavior in the arrest report only one beer missing from 6 pack and inability to find friends apartment.
Attitude on the citation read GOOD.
I asked the officer to reduce charges at original hearing he said no due to the area I was at.
Why was I arrested?? I DON't know, other than the reason he just did not like me. I was cooperative, polite and explained that I was confused as to where my friend had lived.
Note: It is an affluent area and the cops have little to do, and always over zealous.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">