• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miller7721

What is the name of your state? Virginia
Daughter 19 has two outstanding warrants for possesion of Alcohol by a Minor. She has recently returned to VA and is willing to take care of the legal matters that will haunt her I assume for a long time.
What would be best. Turn herself in to magistrate now. Turn herself in after she gets a job and is making money to pay off fines, and doing her community service that was originally ordered.

Would anyone have a guess as to how long they might keep her on these types of charges. I know they are both misdeamors but I also know that its up to a year in jail for each charge.

By the way she is 3 months pregnant and just wants to get things over with but affraid that the state may try to keep the child.:(

FlyingRon

Assuming community service and fines were imposed, I assume she was on some sort of probation. Her first call should be to the probation office.

If she is imprisoned and has the baby and has not made specific arrangements for it's care, CPS will take the infant.

Miller7721

Thanks

that was also my first suggestion to her. And then we will see from there. Is there a procedure to follow in getting the child into our custody and do we have a time line after her arrrest to do so?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">