• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Obey Street Signs - Can he appeal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TKRCROSS

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Does anyone know how much time can lapse to appeal a ticket? Last August, a neighbor and his friends accused my husband of speeding. It's a very long story, but I will try to make it as short as possible. The neighbor began verbally harrasing my husband as he entered our driveway; which led to physical contact (a push) by the neighbor (who was intoxicated). My husband called the local police and HE got a speeding ticket on the neighbor's word! Nothing happened to the neighbor for pushing my husband (turns out, the neighbor is a friend of the police officer). We went to court with an attorney. The police officer said he was willing to drop the speeding charge to a failure to obey street signs if he dropped the harrasment charge; which the neighbor also countersued with a harassment charge (they outnumbered him in witnesses; 4 of them and 1 of him). We felt as though the cop was the neighbor's attorney. Our attorney recommended taking the deal as we were involved in a child custody case and she didn't want any harassment suit pending on my husband. We, still to this day, have never gotten over the fact that 1) our attorney advised us to take the deal and 2) that he ever got a speeding ticket in the first place by someone else's word. We were curious what the statute of limitations is to appeal this ticket. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

Maestro64

In PA it is 30 days, and that assume that he was found guilty not plead guilty.

However it sound like your lawyer did not know the traffic laws because in PA there is only a couple of acceptable ways to issue a speeding ticket, and all them required using specific PennDOT approved equipment and visual estimate is not one of them.

However, you traded an otherwise ugly law suite for a no point ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">