• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help! Never been in trouble before!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cb1135

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

A couple of weeks ago I went to visit my friend in MD. Unfortunately we got split up and my phone was dead so I couldn't call him. I was able to get a ride back to his development area from somebody I met but not exactly to his house. It was dark and I was walking around my friends development trying to find his house, which is a row house among a bunch of other ones. I approached a house which I thought might have been his. I went up to the porch and tried to look in the window to see if it was his house, before I was finished a light turned on and a man came out and opened the door. I apologized and left. Later the cops stopped me and took my information. Now apparently I'm getting charged with attempted burglary - 4th degree.

What does everybody think about this? I have no previous record, I'm 22 and had just graduated the week before this occurred. I feel weird because I know I didn't do what I'm being charged but I'm nervous because I've never been involved in the legal system. Please help!!!!

cb1135

No they just let me go

no, they just let me go. I told them my friends house was about 100 yards away at the time and they just told me leave and go back to his house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">