• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Speeding ticket!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajl1177

What is the name of your state? NJ

I recieved a speeding ticket in FLorida this weekend for doing 51 in a 30mph. It is a 4 point ticket in Florida. I was wondering if anyone knows if the points will transfer to NJ?

Maestro64

I believe NJ accept citation give from another state read below about the agreements between states. The only question is will FL report it to NJ not all states are diligent about posting the tickets to home states. If it is reported and NJ accepts it they may apply their own rules on points, just because it is 4 points in FL does not mean you get the same if not more in NJ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_Violations_Reciprocity

Last edited:

FlyingRon

NJ gives 2 points for out of state traffic convictions regardless of what the charge is or how many points the other state assesses (or even how much NJ would have assessed if you had done the same thing at home).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">