• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA traffic school (not eligible)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dummyman

What is the name of your state? CA

i got a ticket for failure to stop at a stop sign in april...i wanted to go to traffic school but it turns out that i got a speeding ticket 16 months ago so im not eligible to go....

i know i can got to talk to the judge and ask him to let me go to traffic school, but what do i tell the man?

Last edited:

occharge

so what do i tell the judge
California does allow for a 2nd time violator traffic school course within the 18 month period however, instead of an 8 hour course (which is usually taken in one day) this will be a 12 hour course which is usually taken over 2 day.

In addition to the 12 versus 8 hour difference, the 12 hour course cannot be taken online, nor with a video/DVD course (it must be taken in a classroom environment)...

Also, the 12 hour course will remove the points associated with the infraction but the citation will still appear on your record with the DMV. So it may or may not affect your insurance rate.

Lastly, not all Judges will allow the 12 hour course! Most will if asked but some don't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">