• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Special Dispostion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kelkal

What is the name of your state? WI

I have a charge from 1993 for a crime titled exposing genitals to a child, which is/was a misdimenor. I was convicted and was jail sentence was stayed and now my record reads Special Dispoition Successfully completed.

Now many years later I'm married with a house and 2 dogs and we would like to adopt a child (due to infertility). I was told this arrest would be expunged from my record after 5 years. Obviously this has not happened. Would the state of WI allow us to continue with the adoption process? Possibly be required to take more steps in order to allow the adoption or are we done before we even get started.

Thanks for any assistance

momofrose

What is the name of your state? WI

I have a charge from 1993 for a crime titled exposing genitals to a child, which is/was a misdimenor. I was convicted and was jail sentence was stayed and now my record reads Special Dispoition Successfully completed.

Now many years later I'm married with a house and 2 dogs and we would like to adopt a child (due to infertility). I was told this arrest would be expunged from my record after 5 years. Obviously this has not happened. Would the state of WI allow us to continue with the adoption process? Possibly be required to take more steps in order to allow the adoption or are we done before we even get started.

Thanks for any assistance
It does not happen magically - you have to apply for your record be expunged - BUT I will tell you that even with that being successfuly completed - there will stil be a 'record" of this charge - it does not just dissapear.

With this sort of crime though - I think you are done when it comes to adoption.

D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">