• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing a Company that was Sold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suinginmd

What is the name of your state? Maryland
I am suing an apartment complex where I use to live. They were owned by an out of state company at the time I was living there. Since I have moved out, they were sold to a different out of state company. Which company am I entitled to sue in this case for problems I encountered while living there?

I have already asked the original company for the money I feel I am owed, and threatened to take them to small claims court if they did not pay. Not too long after that, they sold the apartment complex.

Please help!!

Hot Topic

Sue the original owners since they're the ones you have the "beef" with.

I hope you have the problems you cite properly documented via letters you sent them via certified mail, return receipt requested, to show the small claims court judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">