• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alleged Traffic Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freeadvice1

What is the name of your state? Maine

I was recently pulled over by a Maine sheriff for allegedly speeding in excess of 80 MPH in a 50 MPH zone in central Maine. I was traveling about 45 MPH with a heavy load in the bed of my pickup truck - nothing remotely close to the sheriff’s claim of in excess of 80 MPH. Once the sheriff and I stopped, he conducted a field sobriety test on me - I passed with no problem or incident. The sheriff then told me to wait behind my truck while he called a local police officer to the scene to issue me a ticket for allegedly speeding in excess of 80 MPH. The sheriff did not specify (nor did the ticket) what means / process (i.e., radar, clock, other) was used to gage the alleged excessive speed of over 80 MPH. The police officer wasn't present until he was called by the sheriff. I am contesting the ticket ($230+) and wanted to ask for any advice that would support a dismissal of this alleged charge against me. Thank you in advance.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">