• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help or Not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whitefeather

I'm in California
Is there any hope of helping someone facing 2 felony assaults? 273.5 and 245a1
This person is the brother of my boyfriend. I've been with this man for 16 years and his brother is a wack job, but very young. One more thing. My boyfriend is dying. Do I befriend and help the loser brother?
WF:eek:

outonbail

I'm in California
This person is the brother of my boyfriend. I've been with this man for 16 years and his brother is a wack job, but very young. One more thing. My boyfriend is dying. Do I befriend and help the loser brother?
Would you like me to flip a coin for you?

the knowledgeable volunteers can not give you advice unless you post detail. Knowing the charges themselves wont provide enough detail to give you advice.

Please post some more information if you still need advice...

CdwJava

I'm in California
He is charged with felony domestic violence (causing corporal injury to a spouse or domestic partner) and assault with a deadly weapon or force likely to cause serious bodily injury or death ... not good.

No one can say whether there is any hope of helping him because no one here knows the details of his case. In short, unless you were a witness, the most you could hope to do for him would be to help him pay for an attorney or make bail. If you really want to help, go for the attorney - do NOT use your own collateral or cash for bail unless you are willing to lose it all.

- Carl

outonbail

I believe the OP has the answer to her question already,,,, maybe she just wants someone else to point it out.
So, here it is,,,,,

I've been with this man for 16 years and his brother is a wack job
Now if I wanted to invest my time and/or money wisely, I would ask myself three questions:

1. Is a wack job found on any successful, prudent individuals list of wise investments?

2. If I do invest in a wack job, is it rational for me to expect good results to come from the wack job for doing so?

3. Is it worth wasting my time and money on a sure loser, when doing so will bring joy, hope and happiness to my terminally ill partner?

If the answer to number three is yes, then toss questions one and two out the window.
This way you stand a chance to receive the return you want from you're investments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">