• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to find out if I'm wanted?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nickolasj80

What is the name of your state? TX

Ok, a bit of background. I am currently addicted to prescription painkillers (hydrocodone). A month or so ago, my addiction got the better of my judgement. Using a doctor's DEA #, I called in a fake prescription. They filled it, and I went and picked it up.

Yesterday after turning in a legit prescription, when I tried to go and pick it up, they told me they couldn't fill it, and that the police had filed a report about the fake prescription.

Without alerting to police to my whereabouts, how I can i find out if they have a warrant out for me yet? or at what step the investigation is at?

Any help with this?

Curt581

You have two choices...

Turn yourself in when it's convenient for YOU.

-or-

Wait until the cops arrest you when it's convenient for THEM.

Either way, they will give you zero information until you're in custody.

fairisfair

well, there is a third choice. . . .

call them on the telephone and ask them.

It is not true that they won't tell you.

outonbail

and there's always choice four,,,, my personal favorite I might add,,,

Turn yourself in and ask to be placed in rehab for your addiction. I've heard of several cases where the time spent in rehab, was credited toward the persons jail sentence.

Almost like home arrest only your in rehab rather than your home.

I don't know if Texas offers this type of help, but lets face it, the addiction is the root of your problem. So you need to resolve the drug cravings before your life is going to get any better regardless of your legal issues. If you are no longer addicted to the pills, then you won't be calling in any more phony prescriptions.

However, rehab is only a good route to take if you want to get off the pills. Otherwise you'll just be wasting everyone's time and taking up a bed that someone who is serious about kicking their addiction could be utilizing.

But you should make a decision real soon. Because if the doctor who wrote the real prescription has your true address, then so does the Pharmacy and the police by now.

tru2blu

ppppffff

dude just call the police station or court house of the county that you live in..give em ur name and ask em if u have warrants.. then say thanks and goodbye!!

get some help for the drug abuse tho. start out slow if you have to like Narcotics Anonymus.

waitinMd

you can see if a warrant was issued from Texas Case Search. It should be the state vs you.

It is better if you turn yourself in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">