• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Simpler Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nekoken

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Long story short, I seem to be suspected as an accesory to aggarvated burglary.

In my favor is my own statement, the statement of the principal (who maintains that i had no idea what was to happen) and though I know teher no way for you to know if i'm lying, my triangulated locations via my cell phone.

Against me are the statements of the "Victim" who claims he heard the principal say "The scenario we talked about happened, come get me" (which may have actually been spoken to someone else, the police await the phone records)

And (this is the part i dont get) The statement of the girlfriend of the victim (the ex-girlfriend of the principal) Who said I told her i'd been trying to talk the principal out of it for weeks. (His mother, and all others who were there at the time knew I only spoke of talking him out of his suicidal tendencies as of late)

My question is, IS this enough evidence to press charges? I dont see how in the name of christ it could be

FlyingRon

To press charges they just need probable cause. To convict however the burden of proof is greater.

I've got no idea about anything else, your scenario is too vague.

I'll give you this piece of advice:

Keep your mouth shut. Do not volunteer anything to the school or the police. If the police insist on questioning, do no speak to them without a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">