• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lemon law in texas?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mojokol

my dad just recently purchased a used vehicle in TX with some extended warranty (not under the original factory warranty). since that time, the car has had problems with the starter 4 times in the 5 months that he's owned the car. he's spent at least $100+ every time they've had to tow it in for repairs. each trip to the repair shop results in another reason for the problem but never a solution that lasts. (not to mention the wasted payments for a car that doesn't work)

i keep reading that texas has a lemon law for NEW vehicles and used vehicles that fall under the original warranty. is there something that he can do since this is a used vehicle that doesn't qualify for the lemon law i've read about? should he get reimbursed for a reasonable amount of the money he's invested(dn pymt + repair costs) and be allowed to return the faulty vehicle? what options are available since this dealer is being very difficult in helping resolve this problem? would it be worthwhile to seek stronger (local) legal help?

M

mojokol

thanks for the link, but i've already read that... it refers to the texas lemon law for NEW cars...

please re-read my initial note and give your personal opinions on my questions.

L

lawrat

the UCC and the Magnuson Moss Act at the same site. I wasn't referring to texas lemon law

L

lawrat

the UCC and the Magnuson Moss Act at the same site. I wasn't referring to texas lemon law

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">