• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service Dept claiming nothing is wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Timmay

I live in California and I bought brand new a 2000 Dodge Neon nine months ago. It has had problems since the second day I have owned it. The problems include tires are wearing excessively on the outer edge in the front (it came from the factory with a bad alignment on it), the car will stall at times upon acceleration from a stop, there is a clunking noise in the right front wheel area, the engine cuts out and almost stalls at times, the power steering pump will scream at times and I will lose my power steering for a brief moment. The list goes on and on but, the above are of my greatest concerns. The service manager rode with me in this car and at that time said there was some concerns about this vehicle. This is the sixth time this car has been in the shop for all of these problems and the car only has 8,500 miles on it. He personally drove it for a day, he called me and told me that it drives just fine and that he is going to put some sort of monitoring equipment in the car and everytime I have these problems I am supposed to press a button to record what's going on with the car. My question is if they can't find the problem am I stuck with the car or can I get remedy under the lemon law? I am also afraid that this car will stall out and get me in an accident.

Thanks,

Tim

C

cramer74

I understand where you are coming from on the neon. mine is a total piece of crap. i read on your message that your tires are wearing excessively on the outside. I had the front drivers side tire replaced at 5010, dealership said it was goodyears problem. I had my tires rotated, and the 'new' tire is worn more than the rest. is your tire problem just one tire, or is it all? i know something is not right on my front end, but not being a mechanic, i do not know where to start. keep me posted on your situation.

T

Timmay

I believe the front end is the problem on my Neon too. It seems when I rotate the tires the front ones wear excessively on the outer edge. They have put two new tires on my car also, which have worn excessively in 3000 miles. I will never buy a Dodge again. I also have a 1994 Nissan Sentra with 120,000 miles on it and it runs much better then the Neon. Pretty sad huh?

A

archarrell

In WA state, I had an overheating problem on a 1999 Mercury.
After 4 trips to the dealer I read the Lemon Law off the web. Maybe I got it off the state gov site - not sure!

I believe the manafacturer "Ford" or who ever else has 6 months to hear your case. Then they may have to give you the valuse of the car.

I thought why wait, I can get the value of the car now. It looked good and only had 13000 miles on it.

Not wanting to screw my fellow man, I took it back to the same dealer and traded it in. I got a great trade in and a great deal on the new car. After the deal was closed I told the salesperson about the overheating and recommended the service dept check it over. At lease it was now their problem -- not mine.

That solved my problem and I don't have to deal with keeping records that may not be accepted by the Lemon law folks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">