• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tattle or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waitinMd

What is the name of your state? MD

Ex in jail right now. She had 3 warrants out for her; 2 for VOP and one for FTA, the FTA had bail posted, she skipped bail. Anyway, she was HWOB for one of the VOP's and the FTA. The other warrant is still outstanding.

The first hearing for the FTA ended up Nolle Prosequi... not sure why. The other party may not have shown.

The next hearing for the VOP is next month. This hearing is the one that she just blantanly LIED to that judge to keep from getting punished. The whoopers were just incredible. In fact, I got the transcript for my trial, and my lawyer used it to further prove to our judge how she goes from court room to court room lying. (It is so HARD to deal with a liar).

My question is, should I contact the States Attorneys Office and let them know she lied in the hearing to get her sentence reduced, or let her get away with it?

Letting it go allows her NOT to get the continued help she needs.

outonbail

If she's your ex, I'd say let it go. Being concerned for her so she can get help is one thing, but since it doesn't sound like the two of you are on the best of terms, I'm not so sure your intentions are noble ones.

She's already in enough hot water,,, let her stew in her own juices. You shouldn't have to stir the pot, I'm sure it'll cook just fine all on it's own,,,,,

waitinMd

but getting her help, helps our daughter...

it would be different if I didn't have to interface with her...

the drugs and lying makes it difficult!

If she lies, it is better for me.... but as I said, if she gets "off" she doesn't get the probation/drug testing and couseling she really needs to help her get better.

outonbail

Well, we all know she won't stay away from drugs and get better until she wants to.

You've heard the old saying, You can lead a horse to water,,,,,,,,,,

Your getting involved may just have her desire to defy what's best, increase....

But this is just my opinion.

and we all know the old saying about opinions,,,,

waitinMd

lol, you're right.

I just hate to have her think because she is getting away with all this, she can start all over again.

outonbail

Well she hasn't gotten away with "all this" yet, possibly the one case. Or maybe they're combining cases. We can't know what's going on without more details.

Probably be best to just be patient and take care of your daughter. I'm not trying to insinuate this is happening and I don't know how old your child is, but I wouldn't be putting down the mom in front of daughter or telling her mom's in jail either.

waitinMd

oh I wouldn't do that, she's too young to know she is away right now. It's a pattern though, and it's continued for over 2 years, I just hope it doesn't keep continuing. Soon she will be old enough to know that she sees Mom, then she doesn't.... ya know?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">