• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

died with no will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

graham

I have a distant relative who died in the USA. I beleive I have worked out her name and that she died in California.

I understand she left no will and no known relatives in the USA.

1 What is the law in terms of dealing with her estate, in particular - time frame for claiming against it and who to contact.

2 I have spent days on the net without finding anything useful - where should I look to confirm details of deceased and her death.

Graham.
New Zealand

A

advisor10

FEB 9, 2001

DEAR GRAHAM:

Send me an e-mail message to the e-mail address shown below and I will try to find you an obituary notice or detailed death information for the relative you mentioned if you will give me her name and what California city you think she may have lived in and her approximate age.

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">