• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUS and DMV nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Xplotos

What is the name of your state? Nebraska
I had to keep a SR-22 with Nebraska untell Jan 1st of this year, because I was no longer driving I stoped paying my insurance the month my SR-22 ended. As far as I new everything with my licence was O.K until...7months later(last week) when I was barrowing a friends car I got stopped(headlight out) and it turns out my insurance canceled a few weeks b4 the date of the SR-22 causing my licence to get suspended. The reason I new notthing about this is the problem I am having. The Nebraska DMV had a address that was not only not my address but not even a vail address in my town so I never got notification. The DMV could offer no reason for my address being changed, or who changed it...and took no fault for it, i don't know how meny times I was told "all we are required to do is send the letter to the last knowen address". So what I need to know is what/if I can do anything about this...I got a DUS when I had NO way of knowing my licence had been suspended beacuse some unkowen person updateded my address at the DMV to one that is not even a valid addresss...

seniorjudge

Get your license all straightened out (whatever it takes) before you go to court.

Show the judge your new shiny license and beg for mercy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">