• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need info. about an old warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shari1964

What is the name of your state? Texas, but the incident happened while living in Tennessee. About 6 years ago I wrote a check for around $50-$60 to a grocery store in Tennessee and the check didn't clear my bank. A few years later I received a notice in the mail that I had a warrant out for the bad check. I had moved to Texas after the incident, and had forgotten about it. I called to see how I could clear this matter up, and they told me that I would have to come in and get "booked and processed". Well, since I was living in Texas, this wasn't possible. I want to get this cleared up because I am thinking about moving back to Tennessee next year. Do you have any suggestions on how I would find out if this is still on my record, and if so, do I actually have to go in and get booked to clear it up? Also, would this just be considered a misdemeanor offense?
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Shari1964.

The Occultist

You can try to call Tennessee lawyers and see what they have to say about taking care of things for you without you needing to leave Texas, but my advice will still be to go to Tennessee and turn yourself in. Oh, and make sure to bring enough money with you to post bail.

Shari1964

One more question about old warrant

Does anyone have a website that they can suggest to look up this information? It happened in Tennessee. I have seen them advertised, but I want to get a reputable one since I am going to have to pay for the search.

Thanks,
Shari1964

seniorjudge

You can try to call Tennessee lawyers and see what they have to say about taking care of things for you without you needing to leave Texas, but my advice will still be to go to Tennessee and turn yourself in. Oh, and make sure to bring enough money with you to post bail.
Here is the best advice you will get.

The Occultist

In the right-hand panel of every page on this site, there is a box that says "Find a Lawyer" and has you enter information in to help you find yourself an attorney; I advise you utilize this tool as this is the closest thing to advertising that is allowed on this site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">