• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvinial Traffic Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcnewman_7

What is the name of your state? ohio
first before i forget let me just state that when i speak of a suspended license i mean that i had privledges to drive to school and things of that nature so i was in my bounds
So after a long 245 days without my license i am two weeks from getting it back, and all of this started with some hoodlums trying to start a fight with me and me improperly backing in an alley and bumping a fence post. But this is not what I am concerned about. As I just moved to rushsylvania and have been driving out of the only road in or out of town to school on a daily basis for months now I have never had any problems, but as it turns out two weeks before my license is fully reinstated and i can drive all i want i get a ticket delivered to my doorstep. Friday morning as I am preparing to leave for my next to last day at school the sheriffs pull in. They walk to the door and ask if the car sitting in the driveway, the burnt orange Mitsubishi Eclipse, is mine. I say yes and after some conversation they write me my ticket. As it turns out I was getting a citation for passing a stopped school bus. Then it all comes back to me, the bus was slowing to a stop on county road nine just inside rushsylvania and as it did it turned its yellow lights of warning on, I make a quick judgment call and see that i am already beside the crossing students so i need to go, the bus is about 3 feet from me headed the opposite direction. I stay at the steady speed and keep going. As i finish passing the bus i look in my rear view mirror and see that the bus had already started loading students before giving me the time to complete my pass. As i read the ohio laws they state that the yellow lights are a warning but anyone already in the bus zone when the yellow lights come on are allowed to finish passing and the drivers are supposed to allow us to do so. She turned my plates in and i recieved my ticket. Now only days away from my license being fully reinstated and i am going to lose it again just months shy of my 18th birthday, and concidering it being my third violation it will be for a year no chance for privledges. It has been over a year since my last ticket and i of course just weeks shy of getting it back had no obvious intention of breaking the law, but the judges will not take this into consideration unless i go through a long and drawn out trial which ends in the judges getting even mroe angry with me fighting it and my punishment being more harsh, and by then i will be 18! My question to you all is what am i supposed to do, roll over and play dead when i know i was not wrong or draw this out and becuase i am a juvenial take the hit anyways jsut postpone it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">