• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long a warrant is valid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hippie

While in Oregon, got arrested for misdermeanor DUI. Lived in Washington. Obtained lawyer in Oregon. She said she would handle everything. I later moved to Oklahoma where I tried to get a Oklahoma license. Was told I had to clear things up in Oregon first. I called Oregon and was told there was a Bench warrant put out for me, and the only way to clear it up was to go back to Oregon. I'm no criminal, but I can't afford to go back. I just wonder if warrants (apparently it is for FTA) are indefinite or if they are dropped after a certain amount of time.

H

hannah jo

Unless the warrant is served or recalled by the court, the warrant will remain open indefinitely. They do not just "drop off" after a certain period of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">