• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contributing alcohol to minors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trvsh5

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I have been charged with 2 counts of contributing alcohol to minors. The only evidence of this is the words of the two girls saying they have drank at my house before. Can I be convicted with no real evidence? What charges can I expect to face if I am found quilty of this. Also I have been charged with MDOP which I did not do the egging but the kids did use my car can I be charged with this and what charges can I face for this?
Thank you for your help!

FlyingRon

Testimony is evidence.

Providing alcohol to a minor is 60 days / $1000.
MDOP depends on the dollar value of the damage.
90 days to a year depending on that. 3x the damage (or 200-2000)

Last edited:

Trvsh5

Testimony is evidence I understand that but the girls will not testify against me in court they said those things out of anger and are now changing their stories. What if they refuse to go to court to testify against me?

racer72

Testimony is evidence I understand that but the girls will not testify against me in court they said those things out of anger and are now changing their stories. What if they refuse to go to court to testify against me?
They will end up in jail. Ignoring a subpoena is against the law. Do you think they will risk spending time in jail to cover your butt?

Trvsh5

They are not covering my butt lol they know they were lying in the first place..I never gave them alcohol!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">