• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expungements & Early Termination of Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

william1971

What is the name of your state? Miami Florida

Is it possible to request for an expungement & early termination of probation at the same time? If so, what are the steps I need to take to make this happen? Also, how much of a role does my probation officer play in the final word whether I receive early termination of my probation?

FlyingRon

Was this an adult conviction? No expungement if so.

The judge has the final word on the release from probation, but figure that if your PO is against it, it is unlikely. It is the Department of Corrections (i.e, your PO) who makes the recommendation to the court for early release.

If the probationer has performed satisfactorily, has not been found in violation of any terms or conditions of supervision, and has met all financial sanctions imposed by the court, including, but not limited to, fines, court costs, and restitution, the Department of Corrections may recommend early termination of probation to the court at any time before the scheduled termination date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">