• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assult or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NneedofHelp

What is the name of your state? Texas

My wife and I are going through a very nasty divorce....I know this is not the divorce forum but please read on, this is really about criminal charges:)

There is a laundry list of reasons that I filled one of which is that she has a very serious drug addiction. My wife and I have only been married a year and a half and yes I did know that she used prier to getting married. I know that I did not make a wise choice but when you are in love with someone sometimes you do not think or see things clearly and do the wrong things. I thought that I could help her and wanted to give her a better life. It is important to note that I am rather square in that I have never had any trouble with the law, I am a college graduate, work a professional job, and have never used or even tried a drug in my life. My wife injects her drug of choice, crystal meth, and at times would get extremly sick when she was not able to inject herself. I learned over time how to help and assist in this process because I loved her and didnd't want to see her get sick or stick herself for hours and hours until she was able to get it. She is now trying to blackmail me because I am leaving her. She has told me that if I do not provide her support and pay her rent and bills for at least a year she is going to file charges of assult against me. She claims to have spoken to several attorneys who have told her that she can have me arrested and put in jail. What is the truth?

waitinMd

she can always file false charges against you. My ex did. I had it dropped, I was at work at the time and I luckily had a State Trooper as my witness that I was at work.

If you leave her, you can't go anywhere near her, her work, home, and you have to be very careful she does not come to your work and start something. I know of a person who went and got a restraining order on their ex just because he was being threatened.
Do you have any proof she is threatening you?

NneedofHelp

She has already come to my office and caused a scene, she has also harrased my family. I filed for a TRO yesterday and she should be getting served today or tomorrow. My concern is that she is going to file assult charges against me for helping her get her injections! She says that several attorneys told her that it is assult even though she begged me to do it. Yes I have major proof, she has sent me so many emails and text messages saying she is going to get me for leaving her and that I will pay. She also sent me a pic of herself with a gun in her mouth saying she is going to kill herself.

waitinMd

Does she have PROOF of you helping her. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
You have your TRO.

If she tries to go and charge you after she gets served, it will get nixed. They will see your TRO in the system and refuse her. You will have a hearing soon, so make sure you have all your documentation. Take witnesses with you if you can.

Be really careful, she could follow you. My ex had her bf follow me and had some girl try to set me up. I had hired a PI, he witnessed it, so I was saved.... it was horrible! I was scared to go out with friends.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">