• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can executor do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momm2500

What is the name of your state? PA

dad had purchased stock for my kids many years ago. he had it set up under the unified minors gift act. now that dad has passed and kids are at least 18, we are trying to transfer everything over to kids as being primary owner. unfortunately, executor will not forward any mail regarding this to us (since the primary address is grandfathers). we are requesting the proper forms to change this but the companies will not change the address on the accounts. i have explained situation to them and they indicated dad has to change address. i advised dad has passed and am willing to send copy of death certificate. they won't even talk to kids about this. our fear is that the executor might be trying to cash these stocks in for himself. can that be done? also, most of the stocks are in kids own social security numbers, that was how it was set up under the UMGA.

Dandy Don

Find an expert online or in the local area who is experienced with the factors involving Uniform Gifts to Minors accounts; maybe there is someone at a local bank who can advise you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">