• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suit against family member

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dalefan3

am half owner of a lot of acrerage in tenn, taken away by my daughter when i got to sick to keep paying for the mortage, had to file bankruptcy , she has kept rent moneys collected from the property, can i sue her

JETX

Obviously, the quick answer is 'Yes, you can sue her, in fact you can sue anyone." But, in this case, there appear to be some additional 'facts' that are missing from the post.

Your post says that the property was "taken away by my daughter when i got to sick to keep paying for the mortage, had to file bankruptcy".

1) Is the property currently in your name or in your daughters?
2) What do the leases say about who to pay?
3) Since you mention that a bankruptcy was apparently involved, was the transfer of property to avoid it from being seized? (If so, this could have been 'bankruptcy fraud').

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">