• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

estate account opened by wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ggchambers2

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My husband is deceased and we had an revocable trust where I would get everything. I have the paperwork in the trust saying I get everything, but the bank won't let me deposit any checks in his name to our joint checking account and said I was to open an estate account. The bank where they open an estate account says I need a tax id number...my paperwork says my ssn is what I need since everything is going to me.

My question is what to I need to open an estate account and don't I use my ssn since no one else is getting anything. Can I do this on my own?

Dandy Don

Did he leave a last will and testament or not?

Are there any of his assets that would need to be probated in court? If so, you would need to get letters testamentary from the probate court, which you would receive soon after filing to open up probate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">