• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breaking and entering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TRUCKER1804

What is the name of your state? tn i rented a cabin over the weekend last weekend the cabin was nothing like he said it was gonna be. so i was unhappy but i made the payment through paypal. for some reason the payment got cancelled i didnt do it i offered to pay him and send a check to his address but he refused. now he tells me he is gonna charge me with breaking and entering he said he was gonna tell law enforcement that he told us where the key was and we went and got it and went in and made ourselves at home. that is not how it happened. why paypal cancelled i have no idea. had i known the cabin was like that i would have nevr rented it. he keeps telling me that he has pictures of me and my family. i dont know how he got the pics but now i am stressed out he said if he doesnt receive payment by tomorrow that he is pressing charges for breaking and entering which is not what i did. can you help?

outonbail

What is the name of your state? tn i rented a cabin over the weekend last weekend the cabin was nothing like he said it was gonna be.
How much difference can there be from one cabin to the next? By definition: "A small, roughly built house; a cottage or hut; a simple shelter used to sleep in; commonly found in a wooded area" So when you rented this "cabin" what could you be expecting? Room service? If it didn't have a dirt floor, you came out on top.
so i was unhappy but i made the payment through paypal.
Are you saying that you weren't required to pay for the cabin before you and you're family stayed there? Or did you pay through pay pal before going there and then when you weren't happy, here's what transpired:
for some reason the payment got cancelled
For some mystery reason, the funds were not released from your pay pal account?
i didnt do it i offered to pay him and send a check to his address but he refused.
So after receiving the benefit of using his cabin, you didn't compensate him with the dollar amount which was mutually agreed upon for the use of his property, he suddenly doesn't want you're money?
now he tells me he is gonna charge me with breaking and entering he said he was gonna tell law enforcement that he told us where the key was and we went and got it and went in and made ourselves at home. that is not how it happened.
It isn't? How did you get in if he didn't tell you where the key was or provide you with one in some way?
why paypal cancelled i have no idea.
Funny, because I'm not even involved and I have a pretty good idea why pay pal canceled.
had i known the cabin was like that i would have nevr rented it.
So then, pay pal must have some sort of clairvoyances built right into their system huh?
he keeps telling me that he has pictures of me and my family. i dont know how he got the pics but now i am stressed out
Stressed out about the possibility that he can identify you and your family members? Is there something either you, or he is insinuating by making the statement about the pictures?
he said if he doesnt receive payment by tomorrow that he is pressing charges for breaking and entering which is not what i did.
First you say he doesn't want you to pay him, but now you claim he does. I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're the one who isn't abiding by the oral agreement made between you and the cabin owner. You say you're not happy with the cabin and for some unknown reason, your pay pal account stopped your payment. Then you say you're not happy with the cabin but he refuses to accept your payment by mail. Then it's you're not happy with the cabin but if he doesn't get his payment by tomorrow, he gets the police involved.
You really sound like the typical scammer.
First you receive benefit of a product or service, then you suddenly complain that it wasn't what you were expecting and so you don't believe you should have to pay for it. Sometimes people don't want to waste the time arguing and fighting for their rightfully earned payment, so this scam works.
But other times, you run into someone who refuses to let it work against them and then you start backpedaling. This guy is one who falls into the later group. So stop backpedaling and do what seniorjudge suggested, pay the man!
You say you want to, so how hard can it be to request pay pal to release the funds? Or, bring his money to western union and wire it to him. Either way you choose, it has got to take less effort than it took for you to pack up the family and head for his cabin.
can you help?
I'm not trained in the field you need help in, unless a boot up your ___ will start you in the right direction?:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">