• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Insurance Ticket from 2003

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helplease

What is the name of your state? California

:eek: In 2003 I got a "Driving Without Insurance" ticket in Shelby County, Kentucky. I appeared in court and recieved the fine, but unfortunately I had no means to pay it at the time and freaked out. I didn't appear at my next court date nor did I pay the fine. Now I have a warrant and a fine looming over my head out there.
:confused: I want to get it taken care of so I can get my driver's license here in California, but I don't know where to begin.

The Occultist

Show up to court and turn yourself in. Make sure you bring enough money to post your bail.

Going forward, please note that most courts are willing to work with you to set up a payment plan.

occharge

Show up to court and turn yourself in. Make sure you bring enough money to post your bail.

Going forward, please note that most courts are willing to work with you to set up a payment plan.
Sounds to me like the OP is in California & his warrant is out of Kentucky.

Couldn't he/she just contact the court, find out how much is due, pay the fine and wait for the warrant to clear and for his license to be released?

Or is there a court appearance requirement when there's a warrant?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">