• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bullets...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksjane

What is the name of your state? KS

Is having a clip with bullets against the law?

It was taken from a car, by police, with no other mention of it. No ticket, no charges (unless pending?) they simply removed it from the vehicle and wrote the driver a ticket for leaving a vehicle running while unoccupied.

I wasn't aware that was against the law, and I am sure that some people may not be able to answer without more information, so feel free to ask for any other detail you may need? I can't find any info about clips and bullets. TIA

garrula lingua

In some states, bullets fall within the definition of 'explosive device', ergo illegal.

Some penal codes specify 'ammunition' as illegal.

If there're found in a car entering the Mexican border, be prepared for a jail term.

CdwJava

Call the seizing agency and ask them how you can get the ammunition returned.

My guess is that it was in a high capacity magazine that is not lawful in your state, or, it was in a place in the car where it was not legal for some reason.

Call the agency and talk to them.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">