• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ;)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chequeout

What is the name of your state? Ohio.

I was traveling along the freeway, it was speedlimit of 65. I was doing 110, and got pulled over. Officer said that he was only writing me a speeding ticket, which means no court, just pay 150. My question is, will my license be suspended, how many points, and how much do you think insurance would go up?

OP85063

What is the name of your state? Ohio.

I was traveling along the freeway, it was speedlimit of 65. I was doing 110, and got pulled over. Officer said that he was only writing me a speeding ticket, which means no court, just pay 150. My question is, will my license be suspended, how many points, and how much do you think insurance would go up?
how fast does it state on the ticket that you were going?

Maestro64

Yeah it depends on what he wrote on the ticket, if he wrote 110 in a 65, that could mean an automatic suspension. If he did not write a speed than you got lucky.

Insurance rate increases depend on your age, and who insures you. Some insurance companies let one ticket slide if is minor, in this case I do not thing any insurance company would say it was minor.

Maestro64

It may not matter, once you pay the fine and it gets sent to the state, you may get a request to forfeit your license.

Here is the reasons for suspended license in Ohio

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/driver_license/sus_rnst.htm

Here is the point system in Ohio

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/driver_license/offense_codes.htm

From the looks of it the most you will get is 4 points for that speed and need 12 to get a suspension. So if you are sitting on 8 you might have a problem.

So all you have to worry about is whether your insurance company finds out and boosts your rates

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">