• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

general civil litigation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wrdf

new jersey. someone lived in my home for about a year. started a business also in my home, millions of $$$ in contracts, slowly drained my family of $$$, concealed his income and business the whole time, lied and deceived me and my family from day one, caused anxiety and emotional problems, a family member required medical attention and still seeing doctors. after about a year the person "escaped" from my home. there's alot more to this story. legally i can prove approx. $2000.00 in debt. but i want to try to collect more, for emotional distress, loss of job/income, etc. my questions are:

1)do i have a case against that person?

2)can i take it to civil court and collect over $10,000 or is this the case for small claims court?

3)if this sounds interesting, i am looking for an attorney ASAP, preferrably in my area (Union). i have prepared all evidence, business contracts, audio recordings, whitnesses.
if you are an attorney, you may include your contact info with reply. thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">