• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued by ex-employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

biddala

I worked for company "A" few years ago. company "A" placed me through company "B" at another comany site "C". After working at company "C" for more than a year as consultant, company "C" offered me a job and subsequently i joined company "C" as an employee. Recently, I got a court notice from company "A" to appear in court for breach of contract. When I joined company "A", i signed a contract.

If any one faced similar situation, please advice me what to do?

Thanks.

HomeGuru

The problem stems from the fact that when you were at C, you were still contracted with A, so when you later became an employee of C directly, you breached your first contract that you had with A.

Now can you C, A is after your A since you decided to B or not to B.

S

SeaJ

biddala said:
I worked for company "A" few years ago. company "A" placed me through company "B" at another comany site "C". After working at company "C" for more than a year as consultant, company "C" offered me a job and subsequently i joined company "C" as an employee. Recently, I got a court notice from company "A" to appear in court for breach of contract. When I joined company "A", i signed a contract.

If any one faced similar situation, please advice me what to do?

Thanks.
Hi,

I have posted a reply to your same post on another section of the forum.
Basically, I am in the same situation and would like to hear what you are planning.
Please read my other post.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">