• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Mexico - officer mailing a traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jfinlayson

What is the name of your state? NM
My 16-year-old hit someone's gate in my car and, like a teenage-idiot, drove off. A sheriff's officer arrived at my home because someone reported it. I called my son and he came immediately home. The office chewed him out pretty good (he and I decided it was a good idea to scare my son for this stunt). He took registration and insurance info, and said he would mail him the tickets. He was going to mail tickets for speeding, reckless driving, property damage and leaving the scene of an accident. This was over two weeks ago and I've waited every day for the tickets to arrive. How long should I wait?

(I already took my son's license and driving privileges away, and he personally apologized hat in hand to the people whose gate he hit. They didn't want him in trouble and were very kind to him. We're punishing him and he's been a very good student and good kid--but he deserves whatever tickets are coming I suppose.)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You should wait until they arrive. You COULD be proactive and contact the officer to see what he finally decided to do...

OP85063

You should wait until they arrive. You COULD be proactive and contact the officer to see what he finally decided to do...
That will be a good idea. Also might want to have him apologized and might seen some mercy of the officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">