• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling our dba name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fenili

We are in the process of selling our dba for the los angeles area to our main supplier in new york (they have the same dba for that state). On this sale we are also selling the right to sales their merchandise here and in consequence our supplier is going to open their own store with the same dba here in los angeles. We are going to retain our retail space where we are going to start selling same type of merchandise bought from different supplier under a different dba. My question is how far (distance) we can ask the supplier to open their store from our in the dba selling contract we are going to make with them.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information,not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

As far as you two entities can agree. Since you are selling them the dba, they have a right to sell anywhere. What you are worried about is competition and good will accrued. Your goodwill accrued is the by the d/b/a (what you are selling). So, be nice and see how amenable they are.\
\

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">