• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I really need some help here

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mama22206

What is the name of your state? Il

I got devoiced from my ex-husband and he won full custody of our son. he is suppose to be living with his father but he doesn't he lives with his aunt and uncle and now they are trying to adopt my son. they say its because i don't have alot of money and i wouldn't be able to support him. i'm not really sure what i can do they can afford the best lawyers out there like i said i dont have enough to even hire a lawyer please if someone can help me.:confused::(

BL_DAD

I got devoiced from my ex-husband and he won full custody of our son. (
How did your ex-husband win full custody of your son? From personal experience, it's typically very hard for a father to win full custody of a child. I would know - I've done it.

If the courts had a legitimate reason for not giving you at least partial custody, I'm not so sure how your case against an adoption would fare. Either way, the courts will still have to notify you and give you the opportunity to appear in court if a petition is filed.

Just Blue

How did your ex-husband win full custody of your son? From personal experience, it's typically very hard for a father to win full custody of a child. I would know - I've done it.

If the courts had a legitimate reason for not giving you at least partial custody, I'm not so sure how your case against an adoption would fare. Either way, the courts will still have to notify you and give you the opportunity to appear in court if a petition is filed.
There are many reasons a parent would not get joint custody....and most of those reasons do not involve unfitness. Please do NOT advise that not having custody or joint custody would impact an adoption. DO not! Many fathers on this site have full custody...it is not all that unusual. Please...do not suppose that all custody cases are like yours.

BL_DAD

Many fathers on this site have full custody...it is not all that unusual. Please...do not suppose that all custody cases are like yours.
I never said all custody cases are like mine. Sorry to the OP; it's just that from what I have learned, the parent's fitness or lack thereof is at times taken into account in an adoption case. IF, and yes, this is a big if, unfitness was a reason why no custody was granted, then it may be something at a judge would look into. Of course, every judge and district is different, and in some family courts, this may not play a factor.

My apologies, baystategirl. I will tread more carefully in the future.

momofrose

I got devoiced from my ex-husband and he won full custody of our son. he is suppose to be living with his father but he doesn't he lives with his aunt and uncle and now they are trying to adopt my son. they say its because i don't have alot of money and i wouldn't be able to support him. i'm not really sure what i can do they can afford the best lawyers out there like i said i dont have enough to even hire a lawyer please if someone can help me.:confused::(

I am confused - ok - his father has full custody - do you have visitation? If so have you exercised that visitation - you have not abandoned the child have you?

Money really has nothing to do with it - there ar emany parents out there will very little money that have children and find a way to support them - there has got to be mor to this story.

D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">