• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

qualify for lemon law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cramer74

I reside in Oklahoma, and I have read up on the lemon laws, but I'm not sure if my piece of junk qualifies. I purchased a 2000 Dodge Neon in May 2000, with an odometer reading of "5" miles. At 4901 miles, I took it in for the first repair of 7 to date. The steering gear box was replaced due to something in the front end loose (took 3 times to get that diagnosed-and it still hasn't been fixed), the front motor mount was replaced, the front drivers side tire was replaced due to it being defective, a recall on the idle was "supposely" fixed, yet, it still idles hard. The service dept. can not find anything wrong as far as the bad gas mileage goes, the squeaking/grinding brakes, the hum in the A/C, the hardness of the motor turning over when started, the difficulty of getting the gear out of 'park' into 'reverse' and vice versa. (yes, I DID have my foot on the brake when trying to get it in gear) The dealership refuses to acknowledge that there is anything wrong with it, but when the car is taken in for repair, they never seem to check anything. They simply write "no problem found" on the work orders. The kicker to all of this is that the New Vehicle Preparation and Inspection form that is, according to my warranty manuel, supposed to be done prior to delivery of the vehicle to the consumer---was purposely overlooked. That 'form' shows this Neon to be a 4x4, a convertible with a sunroof, automatic and manuel transmission, among other things. I sent a letter of notification of defect to the manfactuer 3 months ago, and I have not received a reply so far. what else can I do?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as firming an attorney client relationship.

IF no one is helping and you are entitled to recourse via the State Lemon Law, your next step is to hire a products liability attorney to sue the dealership and manufacturer.

Try http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">