• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket and suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carr8080

Hi,

A year or two ago, I got a speeding ticket in upstate new york and didn't pay it. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly where the ticket was issued. I have a Washington DC license, and I was trying to exchange it for a NYC license, but the DMV said it was suspended because of that unpaid ticket. I want to know how I can pay the ticket so I can get my license unsuspended, but no one seems able to tell me where I need to go to resolve this. Any thoughts?

OP85063

You need to go to a traffic court, have them look you up by your DC Lic number, and pay the fine, and your lic will be reinstated. Then you can change it, If you are in queens ny, there's a DMV in 5 towns/rockaway blvd, Court Upstairs or speak to a clerk before you enter the room and you can pay the fine there and reinstate your lic right there.

Also just come downstairs to the DMV office and change your lic right there also.

Other wise find a traffic court, show up give them your lic and ask them to look it up for you, you want to pay but don't know how.

GL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">