• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena Deadline

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bearskn23

What is the name of your state? TX

I was wondering if there was a deadline that they have to serve you with a subpoena?

I heard I was getting served a subpoena by my boyfriends ex-wife to appear in court and their court date it tomorrow at 9 am. It is now 10:30 am the day before and I still have not been served.

I heard that they have to serve you 2 days ahead but am not sure.

Thanks.

CavemanLawyer

If you are personally served than there is no notice requirement. It is not at all uncommon for a subpoena to issue in the middle of a trial and the officer to go out and find the witness and give them a ride to the courthouse.

The only "notice" requirement for a subpoena in a criminal trial in Texas is that you are entitled to 7 days notice if served by mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">