• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state ticket, Incorrect Ownership, and Not Planning on Going Back to Wv or Ky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ravenx447l

What is the name of your state? Kentucky. I recieved a ticket in West Virginia for speeding 13 over. The ticket had my name and drivers license and such, but for the section that says owner and insurance and all that stuff, the cop just wrote, "Same". I am not the owner of the car, nor am I the Insurer of the car. With this mess up, the fact that it the ticket is from out of state, and the fact that my driver's license is from Kentucky but I don't plan on going back there (I've moved to North Carolina), can I get out of this ticket by simply not paying, or by utilizing some other loophole unknown to me?
Thank you very muchWhat is the name of your state?

Maestro64

All states have agreements with each other to make sure their home residents pay out of state tickets. Since they have your name and license number they can report to your home state for non-payment then your home state will contact you and information you to settle up with the other state otherwise run the risk of license suspension. This may take years before this all comes to a head, just because you do not hear something in the next few months does not mean your skirted the issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">