• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the Administrator of an estate designate someone to succeed him?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MGC1964

What is the name of your state? Georgia.

My mother died intestate almost 3 years ago. By a consensus of all 3 heirs, my brother was appointed permanent administrator. However, he lives in Arizona and has found it nearly impossible to perform his duties and would like to turn the estate over to me. Is this possible? If so, what is the procedure for doing so?What is the name of your state?

Dandy Don

Do you have time to take off of your job to do it? Why not hire a probate attorney? Get him to draft a letter of declination (declining the position).

anteater

Your brother can petition the court to resign and nominate a successor. If the other interested parties agree with the successor nomination, there should be no problem.

The court will almost certainly require that your brother submit an accounting before accepting the rsignation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">