• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession charge for paraphernalia?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MAK

I was arrested in March 2001 for OUIL/Open intoxicants. In court (May, 2001), the case was "dismissed without prejiduce" because the paperwork for it was lost. I recently did 6 mos. in county jail for a probation violation (was on work release and lost that priveledge). Was out of jail 1 week when I got a letter stating that they FOUND my paperwork from the OUIL and now I had to go back to court to be charged. At the arraingment they are now stating that they found a pipe in my truck with cocaine resin. They are charging me with possession under 50g! I go to court on thurs. 2/15/01. The truck was never siezed.

How can this new charge just appear! They are saying that the pipe was sent to a lab, and that takes time. If they lost that paperwork so long ago, how can they add that to lost paperwork?

Any input on this subject would be helpful.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">