• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recall on 1995 Windstar Van

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carolynbusdriver

I live in Ohio. Ford Motor Co. issued a recall on head gaskets for my 1995 Windstar Van. I had it check out and was told it was o.k. On March 16,2000 Ford Motor Co. paid to replace the head gaskets because coolant had leaked into both cylinders. I drove the van for 8 months (7,000 miles) when a rod started slapping in the engine. I have a written statement from a Ford authorized Ford mechanic stating that in his opinion the engine problems I now have is due to coolant damage not detected by technicians when head gasket recall 00M09 was performed in March 2000. He says Ford should stand behind the repair of the engine and Ford says it is not covered by warranty. If the engine damage is a direct problem from a Ford recall should Ford have to replace the engine? Ford tells us that they replaced the head gaskets on the recall and they are not responsible for the damage to the engine. I still owe on a bank loan for a vehicle that I can't drive. Where do I turn?

[Edited by Carolynbusdriver on 02-10-2001 at 11:14 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">