• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motorcycle question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janoman70

I recently moved to California. I was pulled over on my Harley for diving on the shoulder. My M1 didn't transfer to my new California license, (which I wasn't aware of) so they took my bike. While we were waiting for the tow truck, he pulled over 5 other bikes doing the same thing (because traffic was backed up for miles) and one of the 5 drivers didn't have a license, so they were going to take his too. When the tow truck showed up the cop hopped on my bike and drove it onto the tow truck bed (after stalling it 5 times and almost tipping it over) My question is: Is it legal for the cop to just hop on my bike and treat it like a piece of junk?

OP85063

Why would you get some much enjoyment from a guy with a legitimate concern? Arrogance/ignorance like this has no place on a website whose intent is to HELP people.
...and to think this will come form a member, or junior member, not someone with 35 thousand post. I can't bet 30 thousand of those are from comments like those.

OP do some research, I'm not sure how much help you'll get here, these guys are becoming more and more arrogance.

justalayman

...and to think this will come form a member, or junior member, not someone with 35 thousand post. I can't bet 30 thousand of those are from comments like those.

OP do some research, I'm not sure how much help you'll get here, these guys are becoming more and more arrogance.

what help would you suggest? His question was answered and Carl even added what to do if there was damage to the bike.

Since that was all that was asked, it appears OP has received all that was sought.

the fact that some see humor in the situation is neither arrogant or relevant.

JIMinCA

what help would you suggest? His question was answered and Carl even added what to do if there was damage to the bike.

Since that was all that was asked, it appears OP has received all that was sought.

the fact that some see humor in the situation is neither arrogant or relevant.
1. He was NOT helped when JETX mocked and humiliated him.

2. The fact that you and OP85063 would defend such arrogant behaviour simply because JETX has a lot of posts is arrogant in itself. Anyone could easily rack up a boat-load of posts if I simply wanted to jeer at the people seeking help. But, I suppose by your philosophies, if a cop has been on the job for long enough and written enough tickets... he should be able to write you a ticket (and be supported by the court) for simply asking for directions.

Hypocrites really annoy me.

justalayman

Really?

from the OP: My question is: Is it legal for the cop to just hop on my bike and treat it like a piece of junk?

from JETX:Yes.

question asked and answered. He did recieve the help he sought.

2. The fact that you and OP85063 would defend such arrogant behaviour simply because JETX has a lot of posts is arrogant in itself. Anyone could easily rack up a boat-load of posts if I simply wanted to jeer at the people seeking help. But, I suppose by your philosophies, if a cop has been on the job for long enough and written enough tickets... he should be able to write you a ticket (and be supported by the court) for simply asking for directions.
I am not defending arrogant behavior.

defintion for arrogant:1 : exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner
I do not see JETX's answer as arrogant. Maybe condescending, but not arrogant.

Hypocrites really annoy me
Oh well. If you believe the site is filled with hypocrites, then go elsewhere. All are allowed to post on this forum and if your feelings are hurt by being here, nobody is going to make you stay but your chances of changing those that post here are nil.

justalayman

You want to know what is really funny?

OP85306 is on your side. His commentary was berating JETX, not supporting him. Maybe you should slow down a bit before you go and chastise everybody.

Now, YOU are the one being arrogant. Talk about hypocrites.

JIMinCA

I do not see JETX's answer as arrogant. Maybe condescending, but not arrogant.
And do you suggest that is better???

Oh well. If you believe the site is filled with hypocrites, then go elsewhere. All are allowed to post on this forum and if your feelings are hurt by being here, nobody is going to make you stay but your chances of changing those that post here are nil.
Now THAT is arrogant...

CdwJava

Since the OP asked NOT about the violation but about the legality of the officer riding the motorcycle on to the tow truck, the answer is (again and still), yes. The officer MAY move the motorcycle on to the tow truck.

As for the violation, provided the stop was with cause (and driving on the shoulder is good cause) then discovery of the driver's lack of a motorcycle endorsement would be valid and could result in the tow for his being unlicensed.

- Carl

JETX

Oh, whine-baby... whine!!
Wake up and realize the world is cruel and harsh... and not that little mamby-pamby world you think you live in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">