• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Third MIP in a year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lyn_

What is the name of your state? washington

okay.
so, i have had two prior MIP;s within the last year and am still on diversion, it's ending soon however.
then a few days ago, i got ANOTHER mip [[please dont tell me how dumb i am, i know, i know...]]
so. what happened was a couple friends and i were waiting for our other friend to get home, so we sat under a tree in the yard of a vacant house one house over from his. the vacant house had lights on and some neighbor thought someone was prowling the house thus the cops were called and found us under the tree, 2 empty 40oz bottles one full. so, i never told thme straight up that i drank. he asked and i shrugged and hes like, yes no maybe? and i said, yes no maybe. the cop smelled my breath but gave me no breathalizer or anything else.

sooooo.....
i was wondering if anyone knew the easiest way to get out of this. i know that sounds really immature, but yea,. i really dont want to deal with this ****. i know no one else does either but yea. if anyone has any advice...

Curt581

There is no "easiest way to get out of this", unless you decide to leave the country and never return. I hear Antigua is nice.

You don't need to admit drinking in order to be cited. The smell on your breath was enough. For those who don't know, the police have contact with people who have been drinking pretty often (surprise). The smell is very distinct and easy to identify...as are other signs of intoxication. Same with a "breathalyzer", there really is no need, since they don't care how much you've had, any amount is illegal.

In addition to any fines, expect to lose your driver's license for awhile on a third offense. An attorney might be able to get you a better deal, but don't expect him to be able to get anything thrown out.

lyn_

well i dont have my liscence i cant get it til im 19 anyway. or in like 9 motnhs or something....
um... are you sure thats all? i mean fines... because im scared itd be way more....?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
well i dont have my liscence i cant get it til im 19 anyway. or in like 9 motnhs or something....
um... are you sure thats all? i mean fines... because im scared itd be way more....?
Now weren't you just telling someone else about Louisiana? Good grief. You are not even 19 and have three MIPs. You need rehab. Expect not to have your license for another several years. And hopefully you will be forced into an alcohol treatment program. YOu also may end up spending time in jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">