• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sdreyer

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My mom passed away on 5/30/08 and it was unexpected. She has a bank account that has her name and her friends name on the account. My sister is wanting to close out the account and split the money now and have her husband pay mom's bills until the house sells then reimburse him rather than using mom's bank money to pay her bills. My question is what is the right way to handle this situation and is what my sister is wanting to do even legal? She is one of those types of people who always thinks she is right and can con people into believing she is right but I have never listened to her because all that comes out of her mouth is lies.

Dandy Don

What sister is suggesting is illegal.

Why is her friends name on the account? That money is for the friend to claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">