• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

County Forgot to Remove Warrant..Got Arrested!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

geoffw

What is the name of your state? California & Nevada

I originally had a warrant in Santa Clara County during July 06 for Receiving Stolen Property (buying a stolen golf cart on craigslist). It was quashed and I bailed for $5k and went to all court dates as promised.

Anyhow, at the time I was moving to Las Vegas and in early August 06 I got pulled over and the warrant was still in the computer so I got arrested again for the same thing that I had already posted bail on. Las Vegas jail is soo busy that it wasnt until the next day that they found out that the warrant hadnt been taken out of the computer. I spent about 16 hours in jail, but they towed my $60,000 mercedes and the towing company scratched the crap out of the tailpipes and rear bumper.

Its since been about 2 years and everything is over and done, I accepted a very good plea deal on the case because I just didnt have the time to fly 600 miles every month to fight it. Im wondering if I have any action against Santa Clara county for this negligence...and if so, what are the statute of limitations?

Thanks for your time and advise,
-Geoff

CdwJava

This happened two years ago? I strongly suspect the SOL has long since past for any civil action.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">