• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statue of limitations on executor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jadams8527

What is the name of your state? il

My mother died in Arizona 20 years ago. Her 3 children have just been informed that she is due oil/gas royalties. Can this money be sent to 'estate of (mother's name)', or should we sign individual affadavits of ownership?

Dandy Don

Did she have a last will and testament that was probated? And if so, did the executor know about the royalties and do anything about them in the estate?

jadams8527

Hi Don, she had a will, I don't believe it went thru propate, but I will double-check. The royalties are a recent thing, altho my mother had the mineral rights prior to her death the oil well wasn't drilled until 2006, and my mother died in 1989. Thanks for any help you can offer! JoAnne

jadams8527

I should also add that we were unaware of the mineral rights when my mother died and no mention was made of them in her will; I believe they were left to her in 1958. Thanks again...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">