• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some advise...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aaron636r

Reside in Riverside, California.

My Fiance has filed a claim against Regal Cinema's. She has been with he same lawyer now for about a year. In my opinion, hes done nothing. The arbitrator stated no money was due. So of coarse...we wont accept that.

Here is the story...

My fiance was with her mother and a friend and they were going to see a movie. Upon entering the movie had already started. So it was dark. As my fiance was sliding across in a row to get to her set...with out her seeing she hit a chair that was in the row in front of her. This chair was broken and laying back in the row she was walking in. She dislocated her knee. The movie theater wouldn't stop the movie and turn the lights on. People in the audience actually helped pick her up to lay her out in the hall way until paramedics arrived.

Being off work for almost a year and having to have surgery on the knee months after the accident. Did cause some life changing experiences for her.

We didn't want to sue Regal, however due to their poor attitude towards the situation and not willing to pay her doctor bills. We had no choice.

2yrs later they are now offering $15,000.00 In our opinion, that's nothing, after bills lawyer fees etc...its nothing. We don't want to accept it so now their telling us because of the back log in our local court system we cant take it to court til December of 09'. That is just insane!

Your opinions?

CourtClerk

I'm curious as to how you are a party to this case anyway... there is a lot of "we" going on when you are simply the boyfriend and of no legal relationship to the injured party. Shoot, it sounds like you weren't even there.

And why is this in the Environmental and Toxic Torts forum????? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">