• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my second speeding ticket in less than a month

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thiswouldhappen

Okay. So, I got my first ticket about 5 months ago. I then took defensive driving to get the citation dismissed. I just recently got my second speeding ticket (within the last 2 weeks) and am franticly looking for options on how to clear THIS ticket. Unfortunately, because it's been less than a year since my last defensive driving course, I am not able to take it for my second ticket.
Does anyone have any other options that could get it dismissed???
(I live in Texas.)

Last edited:

efflandt

You erased the important question "What is the name of your state?"

But unless you find a way to get out of this one (what is your defense?), your previous ticket will likely reappear on your record and count along with any near term future tickets against points or whatever determines if your license should be suspended at some point.

The Occultist

The reason why they offer you a second chance is so that you may learn your lesson while retaining your driving privileges (just wish to emphasize the word privilege as opposed to right, which you do not have in regards to driving); what makes you, or anybody else here, believe you deserve a THIRD chance when you obviously could not take advantage of your second?

Anywho, nobody can offer you any advice as you have not actually provided any real details towards your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">