• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraudulent scam or what

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

castorbean49

:confused:What is the name of your state? Iowa
Hello- I have recently received some letters from W Africa,Nigeria, about inheriting some money that they have there in an account for me as an inheritance /benficiary and after corresponding a bit with the Secretary then Professor/Govenor person from the bank ,there it seems that 3 men attempted to personally go on and get the funds.. this past week. He didn't release them until he could verify that I had sent them and knew who they were,I did not. and told him so. Now the banker is saying that the funds are there for me ,but I need to get a "court injunction" to protect this $ & prevent these 3 people from getting this money,should they come back, so they can prosecute them,etc. And to remove a lein that they put of this money. They are doing an investigation of some kind now but,He has asked for some personal information from me to confirm what he has, including my name address,age, occupation ph #and a scanned either d.liscense,passport or ID, so far I havent sent anything except a ph # he can call me at and my email adress. I have explained that I was concerned about scams etc. , legitimacy,etc.he assured me in a different note and sd he had scanned his own a copy of his passport, which did not come thru on my computer, as a kind of security jesture I think, Eventually, he will want to be able to wire this to my bank. I am concerned about this whole thing and want the $ naturally if it is mine to have, but am leary about giving out information and don't really know how to proceed, Supposedly, I didn't send the required information before which put this $ in a "suspended account" and they have been waiting for me to respond. Idon't want to delay things too long again and lose it, but IF it's just a big SCAM I don't want to pursue that either. It seems pretty ligitimate to me. But I am a gullible person at times ,I am told.Also if its nOT valid I would like to send it an OMBUDSMAN or someone to warn others about these types of deals and also our Attorney General
What are your thoughts on this and I could forward some of the emails to you ,if you would like to see what I am talking about. I hope I have the right branch of the law by sending this to you. I thank you for your time,patience, and await your response.Cathy Baker/castorbean49

mdconnor

It is a scam. I get one of those emails about once a week for years now. It is often from Nigeria. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

sonomandi

I investigate this type of SCAM all the time and if you show them any interest at all, they will continue to try to defraud you of whatever $$ you have. It's all tax-free income to them and sadly there are plenty of victims willing to participate. Delete messages from people you don't know, right??

castorbean49

scam or what?

Thanks to each of you for answering what I guess I knew was too good to be true! One always keeps dreaming I guess! Many thanks for recharging my intellect!:D

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I'd like you to meet the last carbon-based life form on the planet that has never heard of this scam.

Everybody, Castorbean.
Castorbean, everybody.

proud_parent

I'd like you to meet the last carbon-based life form on the planet that has never heard of this scam.

Everybody, Castorbean.
Castorbean, everybody.
Well, you know, here in Iowa EVERYTHING takes a bit longer to reach us than it does the rest of the populace.

I'm really looking forward to seeing that new Indiana Jones picture show. I hear that guy from Dr. No is in it.

/ sarcasm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">